Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cincy Trip


We decided to take a small shopping trip to Cincy yesterday. Our main goal was to visit IKEA and the Cincinnati Premium Outlet Mall. While planning the trip, we heard a ton about a grocery store - Jungle Jim's - that we HAD to visit. Oh, and of course - lunch at Pappadeaux!  Our friend, F, joined us for the trip. What a delightful friend and trip mate.  The first stop was to the Outlet Mall. I am not a huge Outlet Mall fan.  But this is a good one. We didn't do too much damage there. Mainly purchased from Banana Republic. Great deals on their logo tshirts which I love o wear under cardigans. Oh, and a super fab gold, Lucite necklace. Second stop was IKEA where I purchased the chandelier for my closet. Believe it or not, I actually left the store UNDER budget! I found the cutest little bud vases and other goodies. BUT the best buy was my skirt/pant hangers. Sixty nine cents for 2! Yep, you heard it right. 69 cents for two dark wood skirt/pant hangers. I am in the process of boutiqueing (that is my own word - LOL) my closet and these are PERFECT! I grabbed a ton - and still didn't have enough.....
After all of that, we need fuel.






 We stopped at a Cajun seafood restaurant, Pappadeaux. We don't have one here in Indy - we NEED one. Well, maybe not. I ate WAAAAAYYYYY too much there.






Last stop - Jungle Jim's. Honestly, I don't have the words to describe this place. I'll try -  It is huge and gaudy, but chock full of food items you did not even know you needed. The front has these ginormous jungle creatures (gorilla, elephant, monkeys, giraffes, etc) "hanging" out in the jungle. Yea - ok. Anyway, the store has these great international food sections featuring some wonderful foodie items. When I say section, I don't mean like in our local groceries. I mean five or six aisle sections. This is where I purchased my first jar of Nutella - the devil. This stuff is out of this world good. Hazelnuts ground into skim milk and chocolate. Believe the hype! It's that good.
We purchased our items and left after perusing many of the aisles. What a wonderful day spent with my hubby and our friend, F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?