Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Travel Thursday - Las Vegas

Las Vegas, NV: Water show at the Bellagio-check in night
Bellagio Fountains
Photo Credit: Trip Advisor
Vegas holds a special place in my heart. That is where we were married. No, we didn't get married in a stand alone chapel and no, Elvis did not preform the ceremony. (Those are always the first two questions when we tell people where we were married.) We were married in the chapel at the Monte Carlo hotel. It was a beautiful chapel and the ceremony was wonderful. This isn't a post about our wedding - sorry for the side track.

THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, United States of America, Bath
 We have been to Vegas several times and recently discussed the fact that we hadn't been in a while.
We aren't big gamblers. Hey, we win a few bucks (after spending VERY little) and we are done. We just love the sites of Vegas. If you have been, you know the people watching is out of this world. The hotels on the strip are exquisite. Visiting the various hotels alone is a trip in itself. The last trip we stayed at Bellagio. We had a wonderful view of the fountains (and the Chanel store sign). theHotel is hands down the best hotel we stayed at in Vegas. Part of the Mandalay Bay hotel family, these hotel suites are magnificent. I think I developed my love for dark wood cabinetry after staying here. The spa area was a peaceful bit of solitude and I spent quite a bit of time there!
Remix album of music recorded by the Beatles.  The music was remixed as a sort of mashup for the Cirque du Soleil show.  Great album.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
 You must attend one of the shows if you visit Vegas. My suggestion for your first show would be one of the Cirque de Soliel shows. Out of this world spectacular.

 Vegas also caters to the shopping girl or guy. From top designers to the bargain bin, there is something for everyone. I happen to love the shops in Caesar's Palace.

 By now, most of you know that I love to eat. I mean LOVE to eat. Vegas has some of the best restaurants in the world. Name a top chef and they probably have a restaurant here. We have eaten at some good ones, we've enjoyed the buffets (and I am NOT a huge buffet girl). However, my favorite place to eat in Vegas has been FAT BURGER!!!!! The first time I went, I had a regular juicy, sloppy, greasy burger. DELISH! The second time, I took my husband and had a turkey burger. Believe it or not, it was just as good! I wonder if maybe they cook it in the same grease- LOL.
Photo Credit: Fatburger

Have you been to Vegas? I'd love to hear your fave hotel and fave restaurant.
Do tell!

4 comments:

  1. Just went to Vegas a few weeks ago and had a ball! It's only a 3 1/2 hour drive from us so that's nice :). the Hotel spa is devine....I also love the art galleries which sometimes are slept on. Bellagio Cafe has the best prawns and rice...Lol! Nice post cyber-sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to be so close! We have sooooo much in common. I could just see us hanging out in the spa and chatting........Thanks for the compliment on the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! I've never been.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
    https://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Mandy - if you ever get a chance, you should go. It's relatively inexpensive. they always have deals. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?