Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tilapia with Red Chili Lime seasoning

Photo Credit: myrecipes.com

 One of our absolute favorite fish items is tilapia. We eat it quite a bit - usually at least once every two weeks.
On Sunday, I made some before going out college dorm shopping with my nephew. This was by far the best I've made yet. I usually season it with some sort of Lime-Pepper or Red Chili - Lime dry seasoning after spraying it with a bit of olive oil and a bit of coarse sea salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. I use the frozen ones from Marsh or Meijer (they seem to be meatier). I just rinse them off - do not thaw. I am sure you see by now that I am not following a recipe - just going with the flow. I seem to do that a lot with my cooking. Some how it usually always turns out pretty good. In the summer, I love serving this with freshly sliced tomatoes and grilled corn on the cob.
 The seasonings I use are from a local spice/olive oil shop - Artisano's and a chain store - Tuesday Mornings. I am sure you can find one  if you look in your area.

 I'll try to remember to take a photo the next time I make this.

 Do you follow recipes when you cook or do you season as you go?

6 comments:

  1. that looks so yummy! I try to follow recipes but it never goes that well

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briit+ Whit: Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy looks so good! I usually season as I go- it just seems to work better for me.

    By the way, thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm feeling much better today :) I don't know if you're aware but I can't reply back to your emails because the emails from you say that the reply to address in noreply-comment@blogger.com. I think you have to go to your profile to change this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi- I am so glad you are feeling better.
    Thanks for letting me know. I will go change the settings now.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I am always looking for something new to do with tilapia. My husband doesn't like fish, so Ill have to try this one night when he is in the firehouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tilapia, too, and am always looking for good recipes for it. I may try this tonight.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?