Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Missing Maxi……..





A little more than a month ago, our little Maxi passed away. My sweet boy gave me 14 and half of the best years of my life.

We adopted Maxi when he was about 4 months old and all of 3 lbs soaking wet. My family thought I was crazy for agreeing to get a puppy. You see, I have been afraid of most animals all of my life. We had pets when I was older (15), but I was even scared to pet them.

My husband had the idea shortly after we married that we needed a pup in our lives. Best decision ever.

Maxi was so small and lovable that I couldn't resist him. My fear of animals is still strong, but I have a new appreciation for dogs.





It took a while for me to wrap my head around the fact that he had passed away. In fact, to this day my heart aches and I cry every day when I think about him. If this were paper, you would see big tears stains.

To lose Maxi has to be one of the hardest things I have ever gone through. Not having kids, he was my first baby. I loved and worried about him and making sure nothing harmed him.

I remember reading a book about yorkies shortly after we adopted him. I cried like a baby when I read the senior years chapter. Nothing could prepare me for the hurt.

I will always remember when Maxi first came home with us. He would chew my hair. He loved being outside and in the sun. He had no fear and would stand up to the meanest goose in the pond.




He had the cutest trademark - his tongue. It was constantly sticking out of his mouth. You can see it in the top photo - isn't he a doll?

He loved treats and eating. He would have loved to eaten table food, but the only time he was "given" table food was when my mom babysat. Oh, how I am sure he loved those visits. Turkey, dressing, greens - nothing was off limits. They thought it was their little secret, but I knew - lol.
He even won the "Garbage Can" award at Coco (our other pups) puppy shower.



Maxi visited our family in North Carolina the year my dear grandmother had her 100th birthday party. He was quite the trooper on the plane. Everyone just loved him.

His favorite toys were the battery operated ones his daddy bought for him. First was the weasel which lasted all of a month. Max would pull until there was no fur left on the weasel. Plenty around Maxi's mouth, but none on the weasel.

It is so hard not having him around…………. Since he loved being outside, we created a garden for him in the backyard. It is simply beautiful especially with the paw print stone with his picture in it,
I also ordered a metal sign that says "Maxi's Garden". I can't wait to add it to the garden. The rose bush and purple verbena we planted are gorgeous.









Maxi, 

 Mama loves and misses you every day. Rest in heaven until we meet again……

                                                                                                 Love, 
                                                                                                 Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?