Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Tasty Tuesday - Asparagus Stuffed Chicken


Plated Dish- Photo Credit: Erika Gregory



You know show you see all of the Tasty (etc.) videos  on Facebook? The ones with all of the delicious recipes? I usually share them with only me as not to bombard others with a recipe they may have already seen on their timeline.

Many times, I will actually recreate the recipe and this Asparagus Stuffed Chicken was one of those times.  I love chicken, asparagus and provolone cheese. Hubby could do without meat and I am pretty sure provolone isn't his favorite cheese. I usually end up improvising on the recipe, but not this time. He was actually cool with everything in the recipe! SCORE (maybe because it was during the Final Four - lol).

Anyway, I won't go into the full details of the recipe. You can find it here from "I wash. You dry."

This dish was so simple and the spices are all you probably have at home.  The recipe calls for lemon zest, but I forgot to purchase real lemons. I did have lemon juice at home and used that instead. Zest of lemon and oranges is always better than the juice. It just seems to give it an extra bit of umph. I'm pretty sure it would have tasted much better had I used the zest.


I didn't use very much salt at all. I like to use the Himalayan or smoked salts.  You can find those at just about any grocery store. I also used smoked paprika. I use smoked paprika ALL the time - even in my mac and cheese!


We love asparagus and typically have it a couple of times every week. My favorite way to fix it is steamed (a little bit of water in the bottom of a microwaveable dish and press and seal wrap to cover). 



 Something looks terribly wrong with the second piece of chicken - huh?  Well, it's fine. I just flipped it the wrong way when I was seasoning it.  These get pan seared to lock in the juices before cooking at 400 degrees.  The photo below is after pan searing. Be sure to cover with aluminum foil so the asparagus doesn't burn.  I didn't cook the asparagus before I stuffed it in the chicken. The next time I will probably blanch it for a few minutes so it's not as crisp.



Here it is after baking. The paprika gives it a very pretty color.  I would probably add more paprika next time. I will say that I didn't use any of the measurements from the original recipe. I "winged" it. 




I'd love to know if you try this recipe and what you think if you do/did. 

                   πŸ’•πŸ’•Bon Apetit!πŸ’•πŸ’•





2 comments:

  1. Blanch, sear, Himalayan salt...what are these terms you speak of?!!! The dish looks yummy, I think even I could make this even without knowing the terms or having all the "extra" ingredients! A must try recipe!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?