Pages

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Travel Log: Maui, Hawaii



Pool view of the Ritz Carlton - Kapalua




It has long been a goal of mine to visit Hawaii. My hubby and I have kind of put it on the back burner because the length of the flight from our home.

However, when I was asked to go on a trip with one of my girls - I hopped on the chance. Sorry, babe! She was going on a business trip and I was to be her +1. Yep, don't mind if I do! Thanks again, G!

Being the planner that I am, I researched my butt off looking for the best restaurants and must-do things on the island of Maui. It pays to play ahead and make reservations if there is something of particular interest to you.

For instance, I knew I wanted to do a luau (duh) while there. I did a bit of research and found the one that was rated number one across the board - The Old Lahaina Luau. More on the luau  in a later post.....  I found out that this luau books MONTHS in advance. So, I booked quickly for the last full day of our trip.

The flight is a long one from the Midwest. So, I was sure to download a few good books and packed my travel blanket and pillow. Actually, the flight was several flights with the longest being 6+ hours. It was one heck of a travel day.

We arrived in the evening. Pitch black and the roads do not have much lighting. Our ride from the airport to Kapalua Resort was about an hour. An hour of dark, winding road.





We finally arrived at the Ritz Carlton on the Kapalua Resort. OMGoodness, such a beautiful place a nice stroll from the beach.

I have to tell you, the travel time was well worth it. Maui is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It rained every day except one on Kapalua. But we figured out very quickly that a quick ten minute drive into Lahaina and the sun was in full effect! Needless to say, we spent a lot of time in Lahaina!



I'll share details and pics of the following in upcoming blog posts:
  • Old Lahaina Luau 
  • Front Street 
  • SHAVE Ice (yep, Shave not Shaved)
  • Mama's Fish House
  • The Gazebo
  • Luxury Shopping in Hawaii (big savings on LV and Gucci to name a few)
Feel free to leave any questions you may have and I'll be sure to answer them if I can.

Aloha!


2 comments:

  1. Hawaii has been on my bucket list for loooooonnnggg time. One day I hope to get to experience its beauty!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?