Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Garden Table - Review







A few Sundays back, my husband and I decided to try The Garden Table on Mass Ave in Indy.  The Garden Table is a locally owned eatery and fresh juicery.   From their website "We think it’s important to live a healthy and balanced life and we strive to do this by nourishing the body with clean fuel, supporting local businesses, giving back to the community and taking care of mother earth." 

 We've been to the location in Broad Ripple many times and love it. It's a bit smaller than the new location. Or at least it seems that way.  

The Mass Avenue location features a huge clean white tiled bar, beautiful exposed brick and huge spotless windows. 

Upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted by the hostess and seated immediately.  Seated by the huge windows in the front, we could see TGT was planning on having al fresco dining. There was a small patio area just waiting for the warm weather to welcome guests. We can't wait to enjoy it!

This location serves brunch until 3PM daily (check the website for opening times) AND serves bar bites and dinner! We are definitely going back for dinner very soon. The butter chicken and flankenfennel melt and a cocktail are calling my name. 

So, our waiter was extremely accommodating as was the entire team. It's refreshing (and rare) to see an entire team smiling and generally enjoying their work. 

We started off with hot green tea and a cappuccino. The cappuccino was as delicious as it was pretty. Loved the aqua cup and saucer as well as my foam heart. 

We decided to share the silver dollar blueberry pancakes. Hubs decided on the Hot Smoked Salmon and I on the garden toast.  I typically get the garden toast.  As usual it was delicious. Three triangles of sprouted wheat toast are topped with a fair amount of avocado, cherry tomatoes, baby onions and sprouts.  On the side was the most delectable preserved lemon ricotta. 

The Hot Smoked Salmon - WOW!  They top an everything slug (bagel) with whipped cream cheese, lemon, onion, capers & dill, and this amazing hot smoked salmon. I am pretty sure I have never had HOT smoked salmon. I am VERY sure this won't be the last time I have it!  

We typically share each others meals or at least try a good portion. I honestly wanted to eat all of both of our individual selections. I did control myself. 

The silver dollar blueberry stack was ok.  Don't get me wrong, they were cooked to perfection. They had an ample amount of blueberries. I believe they are made from  some sort of meal.  I'm not a huge fan of meal based pancakes. 

The only issue I had was that I ordered an egg to go with my garden toast. I had eaten most of my toast before it came. I always order my eggs - fried hard, hard, hard, hard, hard and then a little more hard". This was not the case when i finally received it.  Thanks to our waiter who didn't charge us for the egg. 

Overall, I would say if you are in the Indy area as a resident or visitor, you MUST stop by The Garden Table! 

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to visit the Mass Ave location. Your description of the Hot Smoked Salmon made my mouth water and is definitely a MUST try for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post.. makes me want to go now!! We need to go soon

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?