Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunday Funday


Photo Credit: Erika Gregory



It used to bother me when I would see someone post about "Sunday Funday".  I think it was because to me Sundays have always meant spending time in worship, a great meal and fellowship with family and friends.  It's how it's always been and I love it that way. 

"Sunday Funday"  seemed sort of disrespectful to me. 

Way back in the day, I remember spending all day at Mt. Nebo Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky. The day started off by attending Sunday School (where we saved a few quarters for candy),  a sneak off to the candy store, morning worship, a big lunch followed by evening service.  Yep, we (just like many others) were in church from 8:30 am until 8:30 pm. 

The foundation was set. Sundays will always be a day of worship for me. It's been a long, long time since I have spent the entire Sunday in worship. Now, I may not spend the entire day in worship, but I find times throughout each day to worship and pray. 

In this busy world, I can always tell when I am low on my praise and worship. Its at those times when I realize something seems a bit off.  I haven't spent nearly as much time as I should with God and I don't feel centered. Good thing He's only a prayer a way. 

I've come to learn that  "Sunday Funday" is exactly what you make it. To me, I think it's a fun day to spend worshipping God with my family and friends! It's a fun day to break bread and thank God for all He has blessed us with. It's a fun day to explore all of God's wonderful works…….

So, when someone says "Sunday Funday", I think "Yeah……Sunday is a Fun Day!" .



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?