Pages

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Stylin' Saturday - Island Vibes




Photo Credit: Tyjuana Hill-Smith Photography

Photo Credit: Tyjuana Hill-Smith Photography



If you are anything like me, you buy a lot of souvenirs when you travel. I mean A LOT.

I always buy fun t-shirts or island specific items for my family when we travel. Of course, if I buy one for them then I must buy one for me - right?

My favorites are island shell rings, sterling silver rings with the Larimar stone (more on this later) , anything made of coconut.



The problem was that I would buy the items and I'd love and wear them during our vacation, but then they sat in my jewelry drawer until the next vacation. Do you do that?

Well, this year I have decided that I am going to wear my island goodies during the spring/summer months, too.

The gorgeous cross body bag featured will be adorable with white linen pants and a fun colorful top. Not only is it adorable, it's a great conversation piece. I purchased this from a local vendor in Antigua. I also purchased an absolutely gorgeous small clutch made from coconut shells.


 I promised to tell you a little about the Larimar stone. The very first time I was in the Caribbean was on a RCCl cruise. There was a jewelry store on the ship that had the stone in rings, pendants, bracelets. It was simply beautiful. The color of the Caribbean ocean this stone is offered as a local Caribbean specialty. It's typically set in sterling silver, but she high grade pieces are often set in gold.

I purchased the piece in this picture while in Punta Cana a year ago. It's a huge stone, but was relatively inexpensive. I actually think this is my only piece of Larimar. I was always looking for the perfect setting - finally found it last year. You truly have to see the stone in person to appreciate the color.

What souvenirs to you busy when you go on vacation? Do you use them other than when on vacation?
I'd love to hear!




Photo Credit: Tyjuana Hill-Smith Photography

Photo Credit: Tyjuana Hill-Smith Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?